GitLab's support for repo mirroring means you can make a public project on Glitch automatically sync to a Git repo on GitLab.
To set this up:
1. Create a new project on GitLab. Choose “Import project” > Repo by URL and enter:
- Git User Name and repository URL available from Tools > Git, Import and Export > Write:
- ✅ Mirror repository.
- Set the project path and project name (you can just use the same project name as your Glitch project).
- Optionally, add a project description.
- Set the visibility level you’re happy with.
2. Once that’s done, click on Create project. It’ll then automatically pull in changes every hour or so.
Note: These setup instructions work with Glitch projects that are set to public. To sync a private project, a paid GitLab account (Bronze plan or higher) is required.