We provide five project starter templates that you can use to create your app:
- Classic Website
- React Static Site Generator
- Eleventy Static Site Generator
- SQlite Database
If you know the type of project that you would like to create, click here to get started! Or keep reading to learn more about the Glitch starter project templates.
An existing project will be identified by Glitch as a static site if it does not contain one of the following files:
React Static Site Generator
- Having the power to create dynamic websites that are served more quickly to the end user.
- Having the ability to easily edit and rebuild a website when you want to update it.
Eleventy Static Site Generator
This SQlite Database starter, ~glitch-hello-sqlite includes a Node.js server script that uses a persistent SQLite database. The app also includes a front-end with two web pages that connect to the database using the server API.
Here are some other ways to get started on Glitch...
Import a repo from GitHub
- Create an app by importing a GitHub repo.
- Build an app that integrates with a popular third-party platform or framework, by remixing one of these starter templates.
Still not sure where to start? Check out these categories of community-built apps for inspiration: