Every Glitch project has the following options that you can customize to make it unique.
These project options are:
- Project name
- Project description
- Project avatar
You can update these options on the project page or from within the project editor.
Updating project options from the project page:
1. On your profile page, select the project you would like to update.This will take you to the individual project page.
2. On the project page, click on the option that you want to update.
- If you click on the project name or description, you can type in any changes that you wish to make.
- If you click Upload Avatar, you can use an image of your choice to display for your project.
Updating project options from the project editor:
1. On the top-left side of the project editor, click on the project name to reveal the project options menu.
- If you click on the project name or description, you can type in any changes you wish to make.
- If you click the project avatar, you can either:
- Click Upload to use a new image of your choice.
- Click Random to have an image randomly generated and assigned to your project.
Notes about project images:
- Most image types may be used for the project's avatar.
- If the image is 330 pixels or greater on its longest side, it will be resized to fit.
- Animated gifs and webp images may be used. If the image needs to be resized, the animation frames will be stripped and the image will display as static.
Notes about project names and descriptions:
- Project names are limited to 50 characters.
- Project descriptions can be longer, but they won't display well everywhere a description might be shown. Consider 100 characters being a reasonable maximum.
- Project names may only include letters, numbers, and hyphens, and must be unique.
- Updating the project's name also updates its glitch.me URL.