Every Glitch project has the following options that you can customize to make it unique.
- Project name
- Project description
- Project avatar
You can update project name and description in the project editor by clicking Settings > Edit project details. Once you are done, click Save.
Notes about project names and descriptions:
- Project names are limited to 50 characters.
- Project descriptions can be longer, but they won't display well everywhere a description might be shown. Consider 100 characters being a reasonable maximum.
- Project names may only include letters, numbers, and hyphens, and must be unique.
- Updating the project's name also updates its glitch.me URL.
- To maintain platform trust and safety, some words are unavailable to use as project names. For example, the word "glitch" can only be used by projects that are owned by Glitch staff. If you have questions about this, please send us a support request.
Notes about project avatars:
- You can edit the project avatar from the Project page, which you can go to by clicking Settings > Go to project page.
- Most image types may be used for the project's avatar.
- If the image is 330 pixels or greater on its longest side, it will be resized to fit.
- Animated gifs and webp images may be used. If the image needs to be resized, the animation frames will be stripped and the image will display as static.