We want to make sure that it’s easy to close your Glitch account; should that time come.
Before you close your account, it’s important to know the following:
- Once your account is closed, your profile will no longer be visible.
- Any project that you are the only member of will no longer be accessible via Glitch. So be sure to export any projects that you would like to keep a copy of!
- If you are the owner of a project that has other members, you will be prompted to transfer ownership after you click the 'Close Account' button.
- If you are the sole admin of a multi-member team, you will be prompted to transfer Team Admin after you click the 'Close Account' button.
Follow these steps to close your account:
1. Go to your Account Settings. You can find this menu by clicking the little arrow next to your profile picture in the top-right corner of the page, and selecting 'Account Settings'.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'Close Account' button. Be sure to review the information in the Close Account popup.
3. Click the 'Continue to Close Account' button.
- If you have collaborated with others as a project owner or team admin, you will see a prompt to transfer ownership to another Glitch user. You will need to do this for all projects/teams listed before you can continue.
4. Check your email. We will send a 'Close Account' confirmation message to the email address that is associated with your Glitch account. In order to finish closing your account, you will need to click the link in the email.