While we want to keep Glitch as open as possible, there are a few restrictions that apply to un-boosted apps. These restrictions are designed to maintain service levels for all, and to prevent someone’s accidental infinite loop from costing us a small fortune.
- Apps sleep after 5 minutes if they are not used, and those running for more than 12 hours are stopped. They wake again upon receiving another HTTP request to the app's
- Registered users can have up 20 apps running simultaneously.
- Anonymous users can have up to 3 apps running simultaneously.
- Apps created by anonymous users expire after 5 days (login to keep your projects around).
- Apps have a limit of 200MB of disk space in the container. The contents of your apps's '/tmp' directory currently don't count towards that total, but those files are removed when the app restarts.
- By default your Node.js modules don't count towards that total - there's a separate 1GB limit for node modules.
- Plus, there's an additional 512MB of assets storage space.
- Apps have a limit of 512MB of RAM.
- Apps are limited to 4000 requests per hour (subsequent requests will return a 429 "Too Many Requests" response).
If your projects require more powers beyond these technical restrictions consider subscribing to Boosted Apps.